Some important points to remember about area competitions:
• We always like to encourage all members capable of competing at the relevant level to enter area events and will try our best to include you either as an individual (where allowed) or in a team once you have sent your form in. Please ensure you let me know if at any point you no longer wish to take part.
• The riding club will pay all preliminary entry fees but the competitor will be expected to pay the schedule entry fees. This also applies to late substitutions who will also be expected to pay the schedule entry fee.
• These will be communicated to you as soon as we have a copy of the schedule, normally 6 weeks before the event, sometimes sooner.
• We try and contact interested members as soon as the schedule is out to sort out final teams and entries; this is normally 6-8 weeks before the event. We then have to confirm all our entries with BRC 3 and a half weeks before the event, and are committed to paying for these entries from that point. This is why we ask for your commitment so far in advance of an event.
• Flu certificates/passports must be fully up to date and accurate throughout the history. Some small discrepancies are allowed prior to 2007, please check with me or the BRC website if you are unsure about your horse flu jabs.
• Full rules and regs for each event can be found on line at the BRC website or alternatively please contact me if you have any specific event queries.
• If you enter an Area Event you are committing to the championships, do not enter if you know you cannot make the championship event at the time of entry. We fully understand thing may happen after the area event that mean you are no longer able to attend a championship, but the area entry should be made in good faith.
• Please complete the attached form in full, please include full up to date details of any affiliated winnings/points or placings, so we can check you are eligible for an event.
• In order to enter teams for these events we have to have 2 helpers per team so if you wish to take part in an area event you will need to provide a helper for the day or offer to help at another area event in the same competition season. Riders who cannot offer help may not be selected for the areas.
• All competitors at area events must have their hats tagged by the BRC, please see the BRC website for full details. You can normally do this at the area event but do allow extra time.
Alternatively if you just want to help then this would be very much appreciated by the team members, helping is a great way to learn more about these events and maybe give it a go yourself in future!
BRC Hat Guidelines 2016
Information for Competitors
For 2016, all members will be required to have their hats tagged with a new ORANGE hat tag before competing in any BRC Qualifiers or Championships.
When you arrive at the competition, take your hat with you when you go to declare. The Official Steward will then check that your hat complies with an accepted standard, and will place a unique BRC tag on it. It is a good idea to allow a little extra time when arriving at a competition for this to be done.
Please note, you will not be allowed to ride anywhere at that event if your hat has not been tagged, and hats which do not comply to an accepted standard wilt not be tagged under any circumstances.
It is the competitors’ responsibility to ensure they arrive at a competition with a hat to the correct standard so it is therefore imperative that you check your hats before you get to the event, in order to avoid disappointment please see link below for full info…